Telephony is a JAICP tool that allows the comprehensive automation of inbound and outbound calls.
During a call the bot converses with the client in natural language. The call outcome is recorded as a recognized decision of the user: agreement or refusal, confirmation, request to stop calling, etc. As a result of the campaign, analytics are produced with details on the outcome of each call.
To start a call campaign:
- Configure telephony.
- Load in a list of numbers to call.
- Configure a telephone channel.
- Create and launch the call campaign.
The JS API included in JAICP provides the
$dialer built-in service. See its description to know about all telephony features that you can control from the script.
The following features should also be kept in mind while developing the bot script:
- Handling unrecognized speech.
- Handling tone dialing.
- Bot reply interruption.
- Handling unsuccessful call attempts.
- Transfer to the agent in the telephone channel.
- Playing audio instead of synthesized bot replies.
JAICP provides the Calls API to work with outbound telephony.
The API provides the following capabilities:
- Adding phone numbers with parameters to the campaign.
- Canceling previously created call jobs.
- Obtaining reports by call job ID or by phone number.
- Starting, pausing, resuming, and stopping the campaign.